What are PurpleAds and ValueImpression? Both are ad networks that enable website owners to join as publishers and monetize their site. Here is how each company presents itself:
PurpleAds is a display ad network connecting advertisers with website owners and content creators around the globe, effortlessly. PurpleAds offers several ad formats, with CPC and CPM demand, and it’s a self-service platform, so there is no contract.
The installation process is super easy, we have multiple high-quality demand partners and direct advertisers. Our ads work independently and are totally separated from your other ads on the page, and you can use them alongside other ad sources.
PurpleAds offers powerful demand and great ad placements that can boost your total revenue.
With more than 8 years of experience in the advertising industry, The ValueImpression has experienced many revolutions in advertising technologies from Open RTB to further Header Bidding. We know the difficulties that publishers face, as well as the value that they have been losing. For this reason, we are here to help publishers optimize their every impression. Therefore, we help publishers to receive the highest and most accurate value for each impression.
Both PurpleAds and ValueImpression don’t approve every website to be their publisher. Each company has its own terms and conditions for approval, and here they are according to their websites:
According to PurpleAds, sites may not be approved because:
- The content on your website is of poor quality.
- Your website is too new.
- Your website has too many ads or popups.
- Your website is down or not accessible.
- Your website doesn’t have enough content.
- You’re not using your own domain (e.g example.wordpress.com)
- Your site design is terrible.
- You don’t have enough traffic.
- URL Shortener services are not allowed.
- Online stores (Shopify, woocommerce, etc) are not allowed.
- Your site has malware or signs of being hacked.
In addition, site may not be approved if it includes or links to:
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Violent content
- Online movies
- Hate speech (including content that incites hatred or promotes violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity), harassment, bullying, or similar content that advocates harm against an individual or group.
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Content that promotes, sells, or advertises products obtained from endangered or threatened species.
- Sales of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g., firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programs that compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
To be eligible for Valueimpression, your site must stand up to the following requirements:
- Traffic requirements- at least 100k monthly visitors or 750,000 monthly impressions. If your site is of very high quality, it might be approved even if it doesn’t meet these traffic standards.
- Site must comply with Google Adsense program policy for adsense approval.
- No adult or gambling content.
- Good site layout
- Mobile friendly
- Content rich
- Not too many existing ads
The payment terms of each company are as follows:
- Processing time: NET+15 (up to 15 days from the end of the month that you reached the minimum payment threshold)
- Threshold: The minimum balance you need to have before getting paid is $20.
- Payout Methods: PayPal, and wire transfer if the payout is $500 or more.
- Fees: No fees with PayPal (PurpleAds covers them unless there is an issue with your PayPal), for wire transfer the fees will be determined by your bank and rates can vary (PurpleAds doesn’t charge an additional fee).
- Processing time: NET+30 (Valueimpression pays on the third of the following month if you reached the payment threshold- for example, the payment for April will be paid on the 3rd of May)
- Threshold: The minimum balance you need to have before getting paid is $100. Payment thresholds are different for different payment options, for wire transfer, it’s $1500.
- Payout Methods: PayPal, Payoneer, wire transfer, and Bitcoin.
- Fees: No fees.
In this article, we reviewed 2 ad networks: PurpleAds and ValueImpression, by going over the requirements and payment terms of each network. From this review, it’s easy to infer that each network is targeting a different crowd. ValueImpression is targeting big sites, while PurpleAds also enables small and medium website owners to monetize their websites as well. The payment terms in PurpleAds are a bit better since PurpleAds is paying faster (NET+15 vs. NET+30), and has a lower threshold of $20. ValueImpression has stricter requirements to get approved as a publisher, so if your site isn’t very big it might not be for you, in that case, we recommend giving PurpleAds a try if you want to monetize your website.