What are PurpleAds and PropellerAds? Both are ad networks that enable website owners to join as publishers and monetize their site. Here is how each company presents itself:
PurpleAds is a display ad network connecting advertisers with website owners and content creators around the globe, effortlessly. PurpleAds offers several ad formats, with CPC and CPM demand, and it’s a self service platform, so there is no contract.
The installation process is super easy, we have multiple high-quality demand partners and direct advertisers. Our ads work independently and are totally separated from your other ads on the page, and you can use it alongside other ad sources.
PurpleAds offers powerful demand and great ad placements that can boost your total revenue.
PropellerAds is an AdTech company, providing powerful performance marketing solutions on a global scale. Founded in 2011, the company rapidly became the leading popunder traffic network, and then expanded into the native advertising world, growing into the most high-end Adtech platform.
PropellerAds unites publishers and advertisers through its Self-Serve platform and managed service into a complete marketing ecosystem. The company is now one of the biggest alternative traffic sources with 1Bn+ monthly audience reach and thousands of advertising campaigns launched daily, across desktop and mobile.
Both PurpleAds and PropellerAds don’t approve every website to be their publisher. Each company has its own terms and conditions for approval, and here they are according to their websites:
According to PurpleAds, sites may not be approved because:
- The content on your website is poor quality.
- Your website is too new.
- Your website has too many ads or popups.
- Your website is down or not accessible.
- Your website doesn’t have enough content.
- You’re not using your own domain (e.g example.wordpress.com)
- Your site design is terrible.
- You don’t have enough traffic.
- URL Shortener services are not allowed.
- Online stores (Shopify, woocommerce, etc) are not allowed.
- Your site has malware or signs of being hacked.
In addition, site may not be approved if it includes or links to:
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Violent content
- Online movies
- Hate speech (including content that incites hatred or promotes violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity), harassment, bullying, or similar content that advocates harm against an individual or group.
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Content that promotes, sells, or advertises products obtained from endangered or threatened species.
- Sales of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g., firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
PropellerAds company works only with mainstream sites: news, entertainment, online cinemas, blogs, social, streaming sites etc.
Erotic and pornographic content, torrent sites, free hosting sites (including blogspot.com, wix.com, weebly.com etc.) are strictly prohibited.
The content of the Publisher’s website(s) or its affiliated website(s) cannot include any material that infringes the rights of any third party or is in violation of any law:
- Intellectual property rights;
- Racial, ethnic, political, hate-mongering or otherwise objectionable content;
- Investment, money-making opportunities or advice not permitted under law;
- Gratuitous violence or profanity;
- Material that defames, abuses, or threatens physical harm to others;
- Promotion of illegal substances or activities (e.g. illegal online gambling, “how to build a bomb”, counterfeiting money, etc.);
- Software Pirating (e.g., Warez, P2P, Bit torrent, Hotline, etc.);
- Hacking or Phreaking;
- Fraud, unofficial, untrue, false, misleading, invented, re-produced information, facts, news, offers, solutions, guidelines related to or aiming to treat in any way and at any level vulnerabilities of all kind, including but not limited to any physical, mental, psychological, social, religious, economic, scientific vulnerabilities;
- Any illegal activity whatsoever;
- Any spoofing, redirecting, or trafficking from adult-related websites in an effort to gain traffic; or
- Any other inappropriate activity as determined by us in our sole discretion.
The payment terms of each company are as follows:
- Processing time: NET+15 (up to 15 days from the end of the month that you reached the minimum payment threshold)
- Threshold: The minimum balance you need to have before getting paid is $20.
- Payout Methods: PayPal, and wire transfer if the payout is $500 or more.
- Fees: No fees with PayPal (PurpleAds covers them unless there is an issue with your PayPal), for wire transfers the fees will be determined by your bank and rates can vary (PurpleAds doesn’t charge an additional fee).
- Processing time: PropellerAds pays the publisher’s revenue at the net 30/hold 30 model. That is when a publisher reaches the minimum amount, his payment is on hold for 1 month.
- Threshold: The minimum payout amount is $5, except for Payoneer which has a minimum of $20 payout, and Wire – which starts from $550.
- Payout Methods: Payoneer Account, PayPal, Skrill, Wire transfer, Webmoney Z.
- Fees: Third party services may charge you a fee to receive a payment from PropellerAds. You will have to visit their websites in your country to review the fees associated with receiving payments. Please rest assured that PropellerAds do not take any commissions and fees.
In this article, we went over the requirements and payment terms of 2 ad networks: PurpleAds and PropellerAds. PurpleAds is paying faster (NET+15 vs. NET+30), but PropellerAds’s threshold is as low as $5. Both networks seem to have similar requirements to get approved as a publisher, but PropellerAds doesn’t allow free hosting websites, while PurpleAds doesn’t have that restriction. If you are a website owner, and you seek to monetize your site, we recommend giving PurpleAds a shot.