PurpleAds and Infolinks are ad networks that enable website owners to join as publishers and monetize their sites. Here is how each company presents itself:
PurpleAds is a display ad network connecting advertisers with website owners and content creators around the globe, effortlessly. PurpleAds offers several ad formats, with CPC and CPM demand. It’s a self-service platform, so there is no contract.
The installation process is super easy, our ads work independently and are totally separated from your other ads on the page, and you can use them alongside other ad sources.
PurpleAds offers powerful demand and great ad placements that can boost your total revenue, we have multiple high-quality demand partners and direct advertisers.
Infolinks is an exclusive ad marketplace that enables advertising with contextual intent targeting and high viewability across exclusive quality publisher placements. This rare combination achieves very successful outcomes.
Infolinks’ proprietary real-time contextual technology identifies intent and engagement on the page. This enables maximum viewability and performance on each ad impression we deliver within a cookieless world.
Both PurpleAds and Infolinks don’t approve every website to be their publisher. Each company has its own terms and conditions for approval, and here they are according to their websites:
According to PurpleAds, sites may not be approved because:
- The content on your website is of poor quality.
- Your website is too new.
- Your website has too many ads or popups.
- Your website is down or not accessible.
- Your website doesn’t have enough content.
- You’re not using your own domain (e.g example.wordpress.com)
- Your site design is terrible.
- You don’t have enough traffic.
- URL Shortener services are not allowed.
- Online stores (Shopify, woocommerce, etc) are not allowed.
- Your site has malware or signs of being hacked.
In addition, the site may not be approved if it includes or links to:
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Violent content
- Online movies
- Hate speech (including content that incites hatred or promotes violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity), harassment, bullying, or similar content that advocates harm against an individual or group.
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Content that promotes/sells, or advertises products obtained from endangered or threatened species.
- Sales of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g., firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programs that compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites, or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
Infolink state that they do not allow content that in our opinion can be deemed as negative in nature, illegal, or offensive in any way as the following:
- Violent images or messages that promote violence;
- Promotion of discrimination based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Promotion of illegal activities;
- Promotion or display of defamatory, libelous, or harmful material or material that otherwise infringes upon the rights of Infolinks or any third parties, including intellectual property rights and rights of personality;
- Content that is inconsistent with Infolinks’ policies and/or practices;
- Spamming of a participant’s users who have registered for the Infolinks services;
- No Adult, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, libelous, infringing, abusive, or includes illegal content, does not promote hate or discrimination, facilitates the sale of firearms or illegal drugs, or participates or encourages participation in illegal activities;
- Online Gambling. Infolinks restricts the promotion of the following gambling-related content: Offline and online gambling, gambling-related information, games played for money or prizes, casino-based games, regardless of whether money is exchanged;
- Any other content or activity that we find objectionable in our sole discretion.
The payment terms of each company are as follows:
- Payout schedule: Once a month, on the 1st day of every month.
- Processing time: NET+15 (up to 15 days from the end of the month that you reached the minimum payment threshold)
- Threshold: The minimum balance you need to have before getting paid is $20.
- Payout Methods: PayPal, and wire transfer if the payout is $500 or more.
- Fees: No fees with PayPal (PurpleAds covers them unless there is an issue with your PayPal), for wire transfers the fees will be determined by your bank, and rates can vary (PurpleAds doesn’t charge an additional fee).
- Payout schedule: Once a month, on the 1st day of every month.
- Processing time: NET+45 (up to 45 days from the end of the month that you reached the minimum payment threshold)
- Threshold: The minimum balance you need to have before getting paid is $50.
- Payout Methods: PayPal, eCheck, Payoneer, and wire transfer if the payout is $100 or more. For publishers from CL, VN, UY, CO, NG, LK, GH, CM, ID the minimum threshold for wire transfer payout in local currency is the equivalent of $1000.
- Fees: PayPal – There is a $1 fee for transactions to US PayPal accounts and a 2% fee up to $10 for transactions to non-US PayPal accounts. Additional fees may be charged by PayPal. ACH – No fees. eCheck – $6 (plus 2% conversion fees if applicable). Wire Transfers involve a $25 fee. If you choose to receive your payment in your local currency additional conversion fees in the sum of 2% of your payment amount will apply.
In this article, we introduce 2 ad networks: PurpleAds and Infolinks. This article described the requirements and payment terms of each network. Requirements for approval seem to be similar in both, but the payment terms in PurpleAds are better- paying faster (NET+15 vs. NET+45) and with a lower threshold to receive payment ($20 vs. $50). Therefore, if you seek to monetize your website, we recommend using PurpleAds 🙂